Medical tourism is a growing sector in India bringing patients from overseas for seeking world class treatment at much competitive rates. The tourism helps patient access easy Immigration Visa process and visa extension / renewal which required longer duration of treatment. To make it easy for you to travel to India, medical tourism help you to have proper connectivity to India from different Countries. Average cost of flights and alternative transport facilities are now available.
When it comes to Dental care, it is quite a delicate and expensive affair. We provide you all advance facilities under one roof. Today’s advance technology helps in creating ability by helping patients to achieve a better smile and bite or ease pain. Our dedicated team helps through their proven system that works wonder for the patient. TMJ Therapist perform a full examination of the TM joints, head, neck and facial region, as well as x-rays and MRI evaluations.
TEMPOROMANDIBULAR JOINT (TMJ) DISORDERS (TMD)
The Temporo-mandibular joint acts like a sliding hinge connecting your jawbone to your skull. The dysfunction of this can cause pain in your joint and the muscles that control jaw movement. Your pain may be due to a combination of factors, such as genetics, arthritis or jaw injury. With some patients the problem may occur due to clenching or grinding of their teeth as well. People with TMJ dysfunction may lead to the pathological nature and extent to joint sounds as well as any injuries to the TM joint area. Our Dental team are committed to provide you with the highest quality service for your TMD needs.
Signs and Symptoms of TMD
- Tenderness in the jaw joint
- Clicking of the jaw
- Ringing sounds in the ears or fullness in the ears
- Unable to chew food properly
- Tight, stiff, or sore jaw or neck muscles
- Muscle spasms in the jaw
- Facial pain, mouth pain, jaw pain, cheek pain, or chin numbness or tingling
- Pain, swelling, or a lump in the temple area
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Shoulder pain
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Upper or Lower Backaches
- Sciatica Pain
Self-care practices, such as eating soft foods, applying ice or moist heat, and avoiding extreme jaw movements (such as wide yawning, loud singing, and gum chewing) are helpful in easing symptoms.
Along with other nonsurgical treatments, these medication options may help relieve the pain associated with TMJ disorders temporarily:
- Pain relievers and anti-inflammatories. If over-the-counter pain medications aren’t enough to relieve TMJ pain, your doctor or dentist may prescribe stronger pain relievers.
- Muscle relaxants. These types of drugs are sometimes used for a few days or weeks to help relieve pain caused by TMJ disorders.
Non drug therapies for TMJ disorder
- Oral splints or mouth guards (occlusal appliances).Often, people with jaw pain will benefit from wearing a firm device inserted over their teeth. Getting your teeth occlusion in harmony with your jaw muscles and skull provides you almost permanent relief from TMD.
- Physical therapy.Treatments might include ultrasound, moist heat and ice — along with exercises to stretch and strengthen jaw muscles.
- Education and Counselling can help you understand the factors and behaviours that may aggravate your pain, so you can avoid them. Examples include teeth clenching or grinding, leaning on your chin, or biting fingernails.
We at SAMIR DENTAL CARE, work effortlessly to provide you permanent relief from these symptoms and help you lead a quality life instead of compromised life with pains and medications.
Click Here to book your appointment.